Crendon Dental Centre has been established for over 50 years. From the moment you step through the door, you are offered a warm welcome from the friendly and professional staff. The team provides you with the greatest of care and professionalism. You are actively encouraged to be involved in the dental treatment planning process.
The dentist will listen to your concerns or what you wish to achieve with your smile, then let you know what the most appropriate dental treatment would be. You will receive a tailor-made treatment plan with full details, explanations, and costs, so there are no nasty surprises.
The dentist in High Wycombe offers a full array of dental and facial aesthetic treatments all under one roof. General and cosmetic dentistry treatments include crowns, bridges, dental implants, composite fillings, and root canal work to name a few. If you have any questions or concerns about your teeth and oral care, the team is only too happy to assist you and you can call them, email them, or drop in.
If you are looking for a long-term and effective solution for a missing tooth or teeth, then dental implants could be the answer. People suffer from missing teeth for all sorts of reasons. You could have had an accident, sports injury or you may have lost them due to tooth decay, whatever the reasons, dental implants can help.
Dental implants are tiny posts made from titanium. Titanium is used as this substance is well-tolerated by the body. The posts are inserted into the jawbone and mimic the function of a natural tooth root. Over several months, these posts fuse with the bone and this creates an extremely solid foundation for a crown or bridge to be fitted.
Benefits of dental implants
- Comfortable – dental implants fuse with your bone, this means they feel like your own teeth and don’t slip around.
- Improved appearance – they look and feel like natural teeth. Your smile and the appearance of your jawbone will also improve, which preserves your good facial structure.
- Improved speech – with poorly fitted dentures patients can suffer from slurred speech when the dentures slip. Dental implants eliminate this problem.
- Improved eating – as they are so solid and strong you can eat any foods you like.
- Reduced bone shrinkage – bone shrinkage around missing teeth is greatly reduced when dental implants are fitted.
- Durable option – they are durable and should last for many years. They can even last a lifetime.
- Better oral health – because the adjacent teeth are not altered to support the implant, more teeth are intact, which allows easier access to clean between the teeth and improves oral hygiene.
Your dentist will carry out a full assessment of your teeth and how they fit together, your overall health, and oral health. X-rays will be taken, models and, 3D scans if necessary. This will alert the dentist to the density and volume of your jawbone.
If you are a suitable candidate for dental implants, the dentist will formulate your treatment process plan. If there is not enough bone density, you may need to have grafting or bone regeneration. You can find out more about this process from Healthline.
The implant is placed under a local anaesthetic and is screwed precisely into your jawbone. You will then wait for approximately three months; in which time the implants will fuse with your normal bone. When it is fully healed, your dentist will then fit the permanent crown, bridge, or denture.
If you are interested in finding out more about dental implants or any of the treatments available from Crendon Dental Centre the friendly staff will be more than happy to help you.
Crendon Dental Centre – dentist in High Wycombe
7A Crendon Street